This is my new buddy! He is a parakeet, or in correct terms a "budgerigar" nicknames "budgie". My sweet little brother gave me a gift certificate for Christmas, and we were able to go to town and get one on New Years Day. :D
He is still really shy of me, so for now the picture I have of him isn't my favorite. I would like to get him out from behind the bars as that makes my camera act up trying to decide where to focus.
I do want to improve my photography by doing the picture a day goal. So far I haven't been very good..... Oops! But I do wish to do it and thought I would start with this sweet little guy. :)
Any good ideas on taking a picture of a bird? What are your photography goals for the year?
Rebecca

Aw! What a cuti-pie!
ReplyDeleteMaybe while he's still shy, you could open the cage door and shoot in through the door (so that you aren't trying to shoot through the bars. I don't know if he'd fly away, but if not, it might work until he's more used to you.
ReplyDeleteOne of my photography goals this year is to take more photos of Cameron and I. Not formal portraits, but just snapshots. I was so focused on trying to get artistic shots when we went anywhere that I forgot to get just snapshots of us out enjoying life.
Thanks Johanna!
ReplyDeleteMarquette,
Good idea. He may fly out of the cage at this point, but it is worth a try. :)
Sarah just bought a Nikon coolpix and I am very excited about being able to take casual shots of everyone using that. Although I do want to be good about using my nice camera! It is a good way to learn to be comfortable with it in various situations. Good luck!