I am thinking/planning/staking out when I can get a new lens. It is hard to decided, though! You can get so boggled down by all the choices out there. :(
So I have a question for my readers, which is your favorite lens and why?
I am needing a good portrait lens for my Nikon camera. I have an 18-55 and a 55-200. I need something to give me clear, crisp, low-aperture photos.
If you could only keep 1 lens, which one would it be and why?
If you were buying a portrait lens, which one would it be and why?
Thanks, I find asking someone instead of spending hours online trying to find "the perfect one" works better. :D
Rebecca
I like lenses that take pictures.......
ReplyDeleteJUST KIDDING!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!! ;)
haha,
ReplyDeleteFor some reason "helpful" doesn't come to mind after reading your comment.....
I have 2 lenses and I love them both. It'll be a while before I get anything else. I have a 18-205 mm lens and a 50 mm lens. I love the zoom of the first lens, but I really love how much light the 50 lets in. If you're needing a low-aperture lens, the 50mm lens is amazing. It is harder to get the focus spot on because the depth of field is more narrow, but once you get the hang of it it's magic. They've gone up in price a little since I got mine.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Nikon-50mm-Nikkor-Digital-Cameras/dp/B00005LEN4/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321469932&sr=8-1-spell
But with all that said...the lens I rely on the most for portraits is my 18-205 lens because of it's versatility.
I don't really have any helpful comments because I only have one lens. I've got an 18-55mm right now that I have really liked, but I've got a 55-200mm lens on my Christmas wish list. =)
ReplyDeleteI'm a very amateur photographer but I'm hoping to do some more studying and glean tips from other people as I have opportunity to do so. I love to be able to capture special moments and memories to hold onto for a life time.
~Marissa