Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fireworks

Since 4th of July just passed, every photographer I am sure was either trying to get "that perfect shot" or dreaming of the time they did or will!  
I was in the "trying" category this year.  
I played around a lot and learned some new stuff.  

Unfortunately, due to the drought, we could only shoot off fireworks that were under 8 feet.  
Yeah, bummer.  
We have had 3 inches- but it was after the 4th!!  
I do believe there are more tucked away for another wet day soon........

So, shall we "Takeoff"?

  

I really loved how this turned out in black and white.

 



Sarah really wanted to try this out.   It took many, many tries but we got a couple of good ones.  :D


Ssssso what doesssss you think of thissssss one?


Due to the long exposure time (3 seconds) I knew I was bound to get a couple of these...
this one was one I liked.  


Don't you love the color?


Sarah attempting a masterpiece! 


After many, many tries.....

The Masterpiece!


I did learn some things....like the fact that my ISO isn't what I would like, but does work. 
That you have to really think ahead for 
each firework or you will just get white blobs or nothing but darkness.  
That a tripod would have been really nice!  
And that flash just doesn't work due to the fact that the other people around you don't like it.  
I don't blame them.

Overall I was excited about how they turned out, this being my first time to do fireworks.

What did you think?  What would you have done differently?  Which one did you like?

Rebecca

7 comments:

  1. I can't choose because I love so many different things about them. I am just so proud of you for venturing out and trying your hand and slower exposure, etc (or whatever it's called). You did an awesome job, and I look forward to more wonderful work in the future!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, Becca!!! You did an awesome job. Thanks for the sneak preview I got on your camera the other night...heeehee. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! Those are great. I was going to try some firework shots this year, but I decided to just sit back and watch the show. I knew if I pulled my camera out I was going to get wrapped up in "getting the shot" rather than enjoying it. Next year I'll have to pull the camera out...maybe make it an every other year kind of thing. It looks like you and your family had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thanks Momma- I do believe you are my biggest fan. :D

    Alicia, Thanks! You are welcome to a sneak peak anytime- that means I get to see you! :)

    Marquette, I agree. I didn't spend as much time enjoying the fireworks. The idea of every-other year is a good one! That way you can tuck away pics in your portfolio without sacrificing all your family time! Because I didn't enjoy the fireworks as much as I was concentrating on getting the photos right.

    You can even use the "every other year/time" for lots of other things too! Such as, going to the park, going to the zoo, etc. Hmmmm.....very good idea.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are REALLY GOOD!! What camera are you using? what settings did you use? just awesome!
    see you soon, janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Janet,

    I have a Nikon D60 and I used my 55-200 lens. I don't remember the settings, but it was a long shutter speed- 1-3 seconds long. :D

    I need to get better about posting my settings under the pictures- I love how other photographers do that.

    ReplyDelete